Once upon a time, I used to cuss all the time; I was raised into it, and was even taught that it was useful for driving points home; I was also extremely out-spoken, and wittily sacrcastic! I can't say that I have totally changed my ways, every once in a while, it still happens, but I have pretty much had my mouth washed out by THE WORD; I have been humbled!!!
There are at least 56 BIBLE verses concerning profanity, which spans out into obscenity, and corrupt talk, so, for sure, there are then at least 100 verses dealing with this matter...
We are to be transformed by the renewal of our minds, and to walk in a manner worthy of our Calling; we are a people set apart for lofty use, and are being made into a HOLY people, and so, this is the onset of this discussion (ROMANS 12; EPHESIANS 4)...
MATTHEW 12: 36-37...
36+++“But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.
37+++“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
MATTHEW 15: 11...
“It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.”
Men's language discovers what country they are of, likewise what manner of spirit they are of. The heart is the fountain, words are the streams. A troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring, must send forth muddy and unpleasant streams. Nothing but the salt of grace, cast into the spring, will heal the waters, season the speech, and purify the corrupt communication. An evil man has an evil treasure in his heart, and out of it brings forth evil things. Lusts and corruptions, dwelling and reigning in the heart, are an evil treasure, out of which the sinner brings forth bad words and actions, to dishonour God, and hurt others. Let us keep constant watch over ourselves, that we may speak words agreeable to the Christian character.
Christ shows that the defilement they ought to fear, was not from what entered their mouths as food, but from what came out of their mouths, which showed the wickedness of their hearts. Nothing will last in the soul but the regenerating graces of the Holy Spirit; and nothing should be admitted into the church but what is from above; therefore, whoever is offended by a plain, seasonable declaration of the truth, we should not be troubled at it. The disciples ask to be better taught as to this matter. Where a weak head doubts concerning any word of Christ, an upright heart and a willing mind seek for instruction. It is the heart that is desperately wicked, Jer 17:9, for there is no sin in word or deed, which was not first in the heart. They all come out of the man, and are fruits of that wickedness which is in the heart, and is wrought there. When Christ teaches, he will show men the deceitfulness and wickedness of their own hearts; he will teach them to humble themselves, and to seek to be cleansed in the Fountain opened for sin and uncleanness.
It goes back to CONTROLLING the flesh through what is of THE SPIRIT! It is HONOURING THE LORD to BE able to exist in self-control! HE KNOWS we will NOT be perfect in our growth, and development, but what IS important IS that we ARE acknowledging, correcting, and thus improving ourselves THAT we are NOT bound to the world, but instead TO HIM!!!
People fight violently for the things they DON'T WANT to give up, and they WILL use every angle feasible to justify themselves, but TRUTH remains, and SHOWS the heart of each of us!!!
In these times, profanity, and corrupt talk IS mainstream, and IS accepted for whatever reasons! As much as I had used such in my past, I find myself appalled at times by the current use of cursing; it is like, REALLY demeaning, and very counter-productive, in my opinion! You see, when it becomes common to refer to another person with a negative title, then we are promoting negative existence, which then creates even more of what is against *GOD*, and *GOD*LINESS! WHY do we have to be so negatively motivated that we HAVE to use profanity, and other such which corrupts this world even more???
I BELIEVE in freedom of speech, I believe in the freedom of expression, I believe in the right to write, sing, and perform according to one's style, and talent, HOWEVER, I BELIEVE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS OVER ALL else, and I BELIEVE IN THE POSITIVE POWER OF LOVE OVER all else, and what's happening today sees ALL which is right, just, and good, being buried beneath the negativity, especially when expressed vulgarly!!!
There are times when I FEEL like screaming curse words, but I REFRAIN in the best of my abilities from doing so; it DOESN'T solve a thing, and in fact, worsens things, BECAUSE it IS NEGATIVE, and is NOT HOW a Christian ought to think, speak, act, or react! NEVER forget, we ARE to SHINE OF our LORD, CHRIST JESUS, which means we HAVE taken time to KNOW HIM, and HIS WILL, and WAYS, in order TO REFLECT HIM!!!
Occasional slips of the tongue are one thing, but to make a habit of it, or even a living from using profanity is another, as it DOES affect far TOO many people, and inspires more of what we HOPE to rid of, which is ALL negatives in this world, in favour of what is OF *GOD*, and OF LOVE!!!
REV. LWINSOR © 2016
BIBLICAL, and/or other references marked BOLDLY IN COLOURS






No comments:
Post a Comment